Thursday 15 March 2018

Christine Ebersole Joins Broadway Concert Series at Broward Center

One of Broadway’s brightest stars will join The Broward Center’s popular Broadway concert series hosted by Sirius/XM radio star Seth Rudetsky this season. The series, produced by Mark Cortale, presents Christine Ebersole, two-time Tony Award winner for “Grey Gardens” and “42nd Street” for one show only on Saturday, March 24 at 8 p.m.

Christine Ebersole starred most recently on Broadway in “War Paint” in her Tony nominated role as Elizabeth Arden, opposite fellow Tony nominee Patti LuPone as Helena Rubinstein. In addition to her acclaimed stage career, Christine Ebersole has also appeared in numerous hit films such as “Amadeus,” “Tootsie,” “Richie Rich,” “Black Sheep,” “Dead Again,” “Folks!,” “Ghost Dad,” “True Crime,” “My Girl 2,” “Mac and Me,” and “Confessions of a Shopaholic.” Her television credits include appearances on “Retired at 35,” “Royal Pains,” “Ugly Betty,” “Law and Order SVU,” “Boston Legal,” “Samantha Who,” “Will and Grace,” “The Nanny,” “Just Shoot Me,” “Murphy Brown,” “Ally McBeal,” “Valerie,” “Ryan’s Hope,” “One Life to Live” and “The Colbert Report.”

The format of the concert will be a seamless mix of intimate behind-the-scenes stories prompted by Rudetsky’s insightful, funny and revealing questions – and the music from the Christine’s unique career. This is a spontaneous evening of show-stopping songs and hilarity not to be missed.

It was a pleasure to sit down with Christine Ebersole just a couple weeks prior to her performance at the Parker Playhouse.

Were you always a performer, even as a child, or when did the bug bite you?

I think I always was, but didn’t know it. It wasn’t in my conscious mind until I was 20 and decided I would pursue acting/entertainment as a career.

What was your first professional singing and acting gig?

The first professional singing job was at a bar, and my first paid acting job was on Broadway in a play called “Angel Street.”

What was your big break?

I think I broke through when I got my first acting job on Broadway. I was a waitress at the time, and went back to waiting tables when that acting job ended, but it did open doors for me.

What has been your favorite role?

Probably my part in “Grey Gardens”—the role was amazing. It was a part of a lifetime.

WATCH:

You have done so much in your career. Do you have a fantasy role?

There are definitely certain things on my bucket list, but the great thing about this career is that these opportunities unfold. Even things that you don’t think about. They always exceed my expectations.

In addition to Broadway you have done a lot of movies and television. Do you prefer one over the others and why?

I always kind of like what I am doing at the time, however, being on stage is the actor’s medium, and where you have the most power.

Do you remember how it felt when you won your first Tony? And is it as exciting winning the second?

They are always kind of daunting. I appreciate it so much, but it’s not what you live for. I live for the roles. The Award shows are always very high stress. I don’t think it was any more or less exciting the second time, but it was different.

How was it to work opposite Patti LuPone in “War Paint”?

Fantastic!

WATCH:

Describe yourself in three words?

Curious, determined, and grateful!

What should the South Florida Audiences expect from your show on Saturday, March 24?

I think it’s going to be an evening of great fun, great singing and lots of laughs.

What does the future hold for you?

Endless possibilities.

Is there anything I didn’t ask you that you would like to talk about?

Yes, that I look forward to coming down to the beautiful state of Florida, and also look forward to seeing everyone there, and I think that everyone will enjoy this show!

For more information on Christine Ebersole, go to: http://christineebersole.com.

For tickets and information, please visit browardcenter.org or call 954 468-3280.



source https://hotspotsmagazine.com/2018/03/14/christine-ebersole-joins-broadway-concert-series-at-broward-center/

No comments:

Post a Comment